Woodland House is a home set in a rural location near Tingrith, Bedfordshire. It offers a calm and tranquil environment away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and is conducive and sensitive to supporting the diverse needs of the people we support.
Woodland House is registered to provide respite care for up to four adults aged between 18-65 years who have Learning Disabilities, Autism and/or behaviour that challenges those around them. The service provides both overnight stays (respite) and day care and provides a variety of activities that have an evaluation framework in order to maintain, promote and enhance skills. We pride ourselves in the ability to meet the unique needs of each person in our care. We work in partnership with them, their families and other relevant professionals, adopting a person centred approach which identifies their needs and provides the appropriate care.
Woodland House aims:
- To provide a homely well furnished environment and with each bedroom having its own en-suite shower room and the space for personal belongings.
- To give access to a safe and fully equipped garden area complete with outdoor swings and trampolines.
- To give access to a horticultural area for growing vegetables as well as a livestock area to rear chickens.
- To commit to empowering each individual to make positive choices regarding all aspects of their care, both at present and in the future.
- To provide a wide range of meaningful activities at Woodland House and in the community.
Woodland House is set in three an a half acres at Wood End near Tingrith, Bedfordshire. It is an easy distance from the motorway, accessible to amenities in the surrounding areas. The busy town of Flitwick is just 5 minutes away which is served by a main bus route and train station.
A variety of communication strategies are used depending on the individual.